September 22, 2008
- Exiled: War Nerd – Islamablog: Day 3.
- AlJazeera: Taliban denies role in hotel attack.
- AlJazeera: Blast kills Pakistani soldiers.
- Telegraph: French troops ‘ran out of ammunition’ in Afghanistan – Did France lost 10 soldiers in Afghanistan a month ago because the troops were ill equipped?
- AlJazeera: France to bolster Afghan mission.
September 14, 2008
September 13, 2008
- New War Nerd Article: Please Don’t Help the Georgians. I already added it to the list of his articles about the conflict.
- CNN: U.S.: Letters detail infighting over al Qaeda’s Iraq mission
- Al Jazeera: Deaths as bombs rock Indian capital.
- Al Jazeera: Arrests over Afghan civilian deaths. Three men were arrested after they intentionally provided wrong information which let to coalition forces bombing civilians. Yet another example of bad intelligence which is really really bad. Each dead civilian turns the mood even further agaisnt the coalition.
- BBC: Russians pull out of Georgia port.
Update: oh, still 13th on wordpress.
September 11, 2008
- RIAN: Russian Army’s weaknesses exposed during war in Georgia – longer article explaining problems the Russian Army faced during the war in Georgia.
- Danger Room: Joint Chiefs: We’re Losing in Afghanistan
- Al Jazeera: ‘Scores killed’ in Pakistan raids – this time it was a raid conducted by the Pakistani army. So they shot a few villagers and claimed this were Talibs, I guess. They would never hurt their pals. Remember the Taliban was founded by the Pakistani Military Secret Service ISI.
- Al Jazeera: Japan to end Iraq deployment
September 10, 2008
I separated the links from the other News and Stuff article. Because there are so many.
- Georgian Times: Roki -Tunnel of Misfortune – article on the Roki Tunnel (via the new war nerd article)
- Al Jazeera: Georgian policeman ‘shot dead’ – near a Russian checkpoint. Russia denies involvement.
- RIAN: Four NATO warships leaving Black Sea
- RIAN: Russia says Georgia used weaponry from 14 states in conflict
See my Links and Facts article for more general information about the conflict.
September 10, 2008
- Where Eagles Dare – inside report on a (British) operation in Afghanistan to transport several tons of equipment on roads controlled by the enemy to install another turbine to the Kajaki dam.
- WSJ: Pentagon Cancels Tanker Competition – after the contest was reopened in early August the competition will now be delayed. Despite the urgent need for new tankers.
- Al Jazeera: Sri Lanka orders aid workers out – they are actually moved from the north of the island where the government started a new offensive to get back control over territories ruled by the Tamil Tigers.
- RIAN: Russian army adopts new reconnaissance drones