September 21, 2008
- Was it an attack on US Marines? – And there is the first conspiracy theory about the attack: Days before the attack on the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad yesterday there were US Marines seen carrying metal boxes into the building.
- Nigerian Rebells call ceasefire – yesterday they claimed that they hit a major oil pipeline, a week ago they called for a new war and now they call for a ceasefire. Sources claim that they are afraid of Nigerian Army action against their bases.
September 20, 2008
- Satellite images cast doubt on success of Iraq surge – do satellite images indicate the extent of the genocide in Iraq?
- Russia, China, Germany reject US evidence of Iran’s covert nuke program.
- Mauritanian soldiers found dead – the soldiers were abducted and killed. As usual "Al Qaida" is blamed. Over a month ago there was a military coup in Mauritania.
- Pipe hit claim in Delta ‘oil war’ – "Nigeria’s main militant group says it has blown up a major oil pipeline owned by Shell in the oil-rich Niger Delta." They vowed a new war a few days ago.
- Terror attack in Pakistan against the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad – The War Nerd has already written an article about it.
September 20, 2008
Sorry, I hadn’t had enough time recently to maintain my Blog. I hope this’ll change in the next days.
September 14, 2008
September 10, 2008
The Russian news agency RIA Novosti reports that the Ukraine is shutting down a radar station formerly used by Russia. The Russians decided to cease use of the facility because the station is "operationally obsolete". Kiev complained about the move and made comments that it might use the radar station in the "interest of EU countries". Ukraine was a part of the Soviet Union and gained independence in 1990 after the Union collapsed. As a result a lot of Russian military installations are based on Ukraine soil including the famous black sea fleet which was recently deployed in the war in Georgia. Ukraine currently wants to join the EU and the NATO and the relations with Russia are bad since the pro-Russian government was forced to resign in 2004.
August 17, 2008
The Special Air Service (or SAS) is one of the worlds most famous and probably best special forces in the World. It was founded during the Second World War to conduct dangerous missions behind enemy lines.
Here is a video demonstrating entry methods used by the SAS and other special forces around the world.
August 12, 2008
Russia has plans to build "up to 6 aircraft carriers". The Russian leadership and naval command agreed on such plans. After a bad time in the 1990s the Russians are gaining back their superpower fantasies. Mostly due to increasing prices for oil, gas and uranium. And after the war against Georgia their spirit is probably up.
The Russians undertook several attempts to build aircraft carriers. But for political and financial reasons they never had a complete aircraft carrier.
August 12, 2008
August 11, 2008
There are already two strike groups in the area. This build up will lead to five complete strike groups near to Iran.
August 7, 2008
It’s official now the Pentagon reopened the bidding process for the Air Force tanker contract. The 35 billion US$ (~22 billion €) contract was awarded to EADS/Northrop Grumman but the decision was now revoked after the Government Accountability Office had complained about the process. The new bidding process will start in October.
You should now that EADS/Northrop Grumman want to sell the Airbus A330 to the Air Force. A well tested plane. Already chosen by Australia, Saudi Arabia, UAE and the UK as their tanker. Boeing has nothing at the moment. They want to build something on the base of the Boeing 767. But you know how these projects end: The costs will increase and the delivery will be delayed.
And the argument that this will outsource labour from the US is not true either because the planes would be build by Northrop Grumman in the US.
This only shows that the Pentagon does not care to buy good or useful weapons. It just about giving their pals in the industry a lot of money.