September 22, 2008
- Exiled: War Nerd – Islamablog: Day 3.
- AlJazeera: Taliban denies role in hotel attack.
- AlJazeera: Blast kills Pakistani soldiers.
- Telegraph: French troops ‘ran out of ammunition’ in Afghanistan – Did France lost 10 soldiers in Afghanistan a month ago because the troops were ill equipped?
- AlJazeera: France to bolster Afghan mission.
September 21, 2008
This is a start of a small series of articles covering the blast.
"Here’s the deal: I’m going to blog this Islamabad blast every day for a while, try to talk honestly about how to sift through the crap to try to figure out what’s really going on."
September 3, 2008
The ICU was pushed back in 2006 by Ethiopian forces intervening in the Somali civil war which lasts about 20 years now. Since then the ICU is slowly gaining back territory. A few days ago they claimed to have captured the third largest city of Somalia Kismayo.
August 11, 2008
Fighting between government troops and the Muslim guerilla movement MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front) started on the Philippines after the Muslim guerilla refused to leave land of Catholics. The group of Muslim guerilla is headed by a former MILF commander but he is not following orders from the MILF leadership anymore. The MILF is one of several Muslim guerillas on the Philippines. It fights for an independent Moro nation on the Philippines since the 1980s after it split from the MNLF which was formed in the 1960s.